Friday, June 13, 2008

Hey there Kalli!!!...

On my last post..."I can't take it no mo'!!" one reply was from Kalliope....yup Christina, that was Kalli....just as you felt the joy of having me actually listen to you and start blogging...well, our daughter took MY advice and started blogging....*tear*....she actually listened to me without having me tell her over and over and over and over again what I think is best, right, and correct for her...for "mother knows best"....

She even used one of my ideas for her blog title..."Blind Visions".... I thought that it would be a cute title since she is legally blind and sees things in a different way from the correct way (my way).

What will she write about???? Hmm....well, after she exhausts the subject of how wonderful she knows I am and that without me in her life her very existence would be flat, stale, and unprofitable....she will write about.....let's see....I really don't know....I guess that's because she is what I call a "fat head"...tee hee...as a matter of fact, I got that nickname for her at her job....ya see, I tend to worry a little to much about my kids....so I tell her EVERY day to call me when she gets to work....one day she did not. So I called her job (working for the Mayor at one of our sisiter cities here in Texas) and asked to speak to her. I was told she was not at her desk. So being a typical Greek mom I left the following message:" Dear Fat-head, I was waiting and waiting to hear you made it to work. I was worried. But don't let that bother you....I know you have a life and if suffering in silence and worrying about you proves my love for you, then so be it. Mom". I asked the young man (her friend and another blind person) to read the message to her OUT LOUD....he agreed and did so. From then on the name stuck to her like glue....so much so that when I called one time and asked to speak to Kalli I was told, "Oh you don't want to speak to Kalli....you want to speak to Fat-head" AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! I just love being me!!!


All this gives me another idea.....so many of you write "Kids say the darnest things" well I am going to start a writing continuation titled "Mother's pearls of wisdom..." and drop my little parenting pearls of wisdom in there. Feel free to take notes you young mothers....later on you may wish to benefit from my years, and years, and years of wisdom....feel free to include what your mother's say....all kidding aside...this will be a very tongue-in-cheek afair...but as God is my witness, I do love those good ole' fashion guilt trips! Mua ha ha !

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oooh, too cool that Kalli's started a blog now too! Tell her to write her firt post already so I can leave a comment!! Can't wait to hear her extoling your virtues - ha!

Nina said...

If she knows what is good for her....she'll do well by mommy....