Saturday, June 7, 2008

They did it again......

For you, Christine, who read what two of my girly-girls did when they decided to "clean" the yucky key board in my classroom (they took it and rinsed it under the sink--really) .... I have decided to write about their new adventures......

It is the last day of school and I tell my kiddos they are going to take home the rest of their folders (we do A LOT of writing across the curriculum)....so my classroom "Governor and Lt. Governor" were calling each child up. Of course here come my two little helpers, tripping up to my desk (they really don't ever walk up to me...they skip, trip-trop, or prance).

"Can weeee help? Puh-leeese?" giggle giggle.

"OK but you have to do what I tell you to do the way I tell you to do it... 'kay?"

"Yes ma'am" giggle giggle.

"Find all the papers I have written on in my folder (I do the assignments with them--we decided that if they have to do it, I should do it too) and throw them away too. Just the ones I have written on... NOTHING ELSE....If you have any questions come ask me...."

"Yes ma'am" giggle giggle.

Moments later, two little voices are singing out to me....."Do you mean ALL the papers you have written on? Everything?"

"Yup ladies"

Finally folders are put in back packs, supplies are ready to go home with their owners....and our room is cleaned up. We hug and wipe away tears (theirs and mine) and the announcement "You are now second-graders! Woo hoo!!!" is sung out...

I return back to my classroom after I return each child to his/her parents and I start taking inventory of what I need for next year. Our custodians come and take out the trash. The sound of quiet fills the room.....gotta admit...it sounds wonderful. I turn off the lights and go home.

The next day I am back in my classroom, completing the 100 or so requests from admin. I re-check my book counts and my TE's (Teacher's Editions)...strange, the Teacher's Binder feels light....I open it and see...NOTHING!! My little helpers had thrown out everything I had written on alright...EVEN PAGES I HAD SCRIBBLED NOTES ON FOR MY OWN BENEFIT, AND ALL THE TRANSPARENCIES I HAD USED BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF MY DOCUMENT CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaahhhhhh! How do I explain this to our Principal.....I don't think he ever got over what happened to the key board.....

Oh it gets better, they had done this to another Teacher's Binder.....just great...

The first kit costs 89.99 to replace...I don't have the heart to look up the other.....

3 comments:

Christina said...

Ack! OMGosh, Nina, this is both hysterically funny and dreadfully awful at the same time. Um, those girls follow directions e.x.ac.t.l.y. don't they? And tell the principal to get over himself - a new keyboard costs $4 at the electronics discount store. I know from personal experience after my own girly-girl washed my keyboard. ;o)

Nina said...

Believe me...he would LOVE to do as you said and go to the electronics discount store...but this particular keyboard is assigned to me and nothing like this can be replaced without going through a lot of red tape via the district....still...I may go ahead and try to talk someone into it.

Blueberry said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know whether to laugh or cry for you! my husband's students have done some crazy things in the past but never anything like that! good luck!