Friday, June 27, 2008

A time of sadness....

Today after work I ran around and took care of some things...then went and got my hubby and we went home....whew! ...the weekend is finally here....but this is a different weekend....when we got home today we had to change and get ready to go to a viewing....one of my co-worker's daughter's had a baby boy....but this little one did not live past a few minutes....his body had Trisomy 13...this meant he had 3 of every cell in his little body....

At his birth, a photographer was there to capture this brief life....he was passed around and everybody who loved him got a chance to hold him. At the viewing there were pictures of him as well as a baby blanket with his name, some of his baby clothes, and a scrapbook his mommy started. I looked at his pictures and saw a perfect creation of God's love.....a darling, little boy who seemed to touch all those of us at the funeral home.

So as soon as we came home, I went on her blog and read what she wrote....and I wrote to her (wow...this blogging thing......thank you Christina)
I had to let her know how much this baby was loved not just by his family, but by my family....and as I read what she wrote, I was awed at what a wonderful example of a Christian, a mommy, and a person she is....May God bless Taylor and Josh...and may He give them the strength to carry on....

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh, this is so heartbreaking! I ache for his parents and all that love him. May God grant them comfort, and cradle this sweet boy in His love.

The photographer there was most likely part of an organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...and as hard & emotional as it would be for me, I would like to one day participate in it and capture these brief moments with angels.

Nina said...

I do believe that is the name of the organization....wow, you are good!

You are an angel yourself...it figures you would want to participate in something like this...with your wonderful talent....