Sunday, June 29, 2008

Why is it you can never.....

...behave properly when we are at church?" my husband asked me this past Sunday as we headed home.

I gave him one of my best "Who me?" looks....

"And don't give me that look. You know what I am talking about"

"Could you please explain what you are exactly talking about?"

"OK....here it is exactly.......(1) You play with your squeeky shoes at church...and NOW (2) you talk Tak Tak during the service (yup, we watch Star Trek Voyager.....our daughter got us hooked on all the retuns...)"

I open my mouth to reply, but nothing comes out....the man is right. And when you are right, you are right. What defense do I have? None.

"We are supposed to be respectful when we are in church...praying for our souls....not talking Tak Tak! Not making little noises with our shoes.....Not giggling when we do these things.....I want to pray for my immortal soul...and you are disrupting us...."

I feel bad....really I do....there is just one thing that has me concerned.....why can't I stop laughing now? After all, the man is right. Still, my laughing continues.....and the more laughing I do, the more irritated he seems to get...

I try to look Poe-faced and manage an apology. I point out that no matter how much I wanted to squeeeeeek, I did not....just spoke a little Tak Tak....

"The ONLY reason you did not squeeeeeek is because you were wearing quiet shoes....don't make out that you made a sacrifice...." and he starts to laugh too.....

I really love him...and I want to make him happy.....still....I hope he will be laughing this Wednesday when I squeeeeeeeeeeek AND talk Tak Tak......I can't help it....*wink*

2 comments:

Christina said...

You know, I really do think you're more hopeless than my TWO year old...and you've perfected the "make them laugh and I'm out of trouble" tactic. LOLOLOL!

Nina said...

That's intersting....Kalli sais I AM a two-year old....interesting...