Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A dedication.....

One of my biggest fears in life (and believe me, I have many) is not taking the time to tell people how I really feel about them. I'm not talking about just the usual day-to-day stuff....oh yeah, I make sure to get my point across when I am not happy with someone (as I get older, I seem to control my temper better...) but I am talking about taking the time to let someone know how "un-upset" (as some of my students would say) they make me....how happy they make me....how they make my world seem warmer, nicer, balanced....

So I am going to start today....I will either write about one person who just brings sunshine into my life....or I am going to try and tell someone.....

This one is for you Christina.....you undoubtedly are one of the people I admire...and yes, would even strive to be like should I ever make the decision to grow up. Why?

Girrrrl, you are talented! Your ability to see something, take your camera, snap a picture and show me things I did not see is amazing! Since we both live in the same city I oftentimes have observed the same things you take pictures of....yet when you publish your photos I find myself looking at the items I once looked at and I seeing them in a different way.

God seems to have given you the role of "Keeper of Your Family's Moments in Time"....for you are guarding the stories, thoughts and feelings of your family through photography for future generations......a treasure...

And sweetie, you are about as kind-hearted as they come....your tenderness is clearly visible to anyone who has seen you talk with your family, your friends, your daughter, or anyone else blessed to have you in their lives.

My wise, old Greek Grandmother used to say that you can tell a lot about a person by their eyes....quite a lot. When I look into your baby-blues I see such a clear conscience....such a good heart. In so many ways you are so pure and good....so decent. There is not one iota of anything that would smack of cruelty about you...not one scintilla of meanness....you are (as my aforementioned Grandmother would say) "as a glass of water"--clear...with not one hint of deception....

Yeah, yeah....your modesty will forbid you from claiming that there is truth in any of my musings....but mine won't....so trust me everyone, Christina is so much like what I have written....and more.

Christinaki mou, you are one of the best people I know and one of the best examples of Christianity because you live and breath the motto "Do unto others...." and as I wrote earlier...I want to be like you if I ever decide to grow up....

I honestly cannot imagine our lives without you in it (or your family's). May God give you as much joy and happiness as you have given all of us....you of all people most surely deserves it.

3 comments:

Blueberry said...

i don't "know" her but i sure would like to meet her someday! she always seems so nice and sweet on her blog and i think our little girls would be BESTEST friends. too bad i live no where near texas.... heck, i would like to meet you too! you seem like a VERY fun person to be around!

Christina said...

Awww, shush! Stop it, girl - you're making me blush! You're right, I do deny the truth of what you wrote...the sweetness is all to be found in you, who so consistantly sees only the good in everyone and everything. YOU are a treasure, Nina, and I look up to you! Even if I don't agree with all you said - thank you, so very much. You warm my heart.

But as an example of how UN-perfect I am...I still have e-mails from you waiting in my inbox since last week....whoops!

Nina said...

Thanks gals.....I really do believe that you would like Christina, Blueberry. She is one-in-a-million...in every way...as I just KNOW you are! :-)