Friday, July 4, 2008

The modern age we live in....

This is soooo coooolllll!!!!!!!!! What is? COMPUTERS of course!

Yeah, yeah....they have been around for a while and everybody has one ....but I am old enough to remember how my mother used to make overseas phone calls and all the hoops that had to be jumped through....now, a quick call on a cell phone, or a simple text message, or internet chat can bring loved ones near.....AND THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING NOW!!!

I am sitting here writing to you AND "talking" to my older brother in Greece....this is all the more meaningful since we have not seen each other in over 15 years (!).....

How far communication has come in so short a time.....as a child, when we heard about things like this we found it so hard to believe them!! And now.....just look at us!

To many this is not a big deal, but for those of us who remember how things used to be (on par with climbing Mt. Everest - difficult, and everything had to be done at a certain time and in a certain way) it still is a bit of a shock.....

Does this replace actually being there? HECK NOOOOO!!!! But till I can get to my loved ones, this is pretty nice.....

Did you hear that George??? (I told him about my blog)...now you cannot escape from me!!! Mua ha ha!....

*smile & wink*

1 comment:

Christina said...

15 years?! You really do need to get over there! So is George as hilarious as you and Nick?
I thank God that I was born in the age of modern conveniences! Yay for technology.