Sunday, August 10, 2008

New shoes please....

So we are in church and this time I am behaving myself....but this is not where this story is going....anyway, we are in church when it is time for Holy Communion.

As I stand there (did I mention I was behaving myself?) I notice sweet Nadia and here mommy Christina waiting in line. All of a sudden....POW! I see N is wearing the cutest little pink shoes I have seen in a while.... my thoughts drift from what I should be doing to those darn shoes...

I like those shoes.....I want those shoes....I gotta have those shoes.....

"Sh", comes from my husband.

Ooops. I had not realized that I was thinking out loud.

"Can't you behave yourself just once in church?" he asks.

Now that is a good question....can't I? I think I can....I hope I can....I would like to think I can...

"Sh!" comes from him again...

I was doing it again...thinking out loud. But this time I think I am justified in my words...you see, I do not believe in unanswered or rhetorical questions....all questions should be answered or should never be asked...so I answer them...and that is what I was just doing now....so to go back to that question...yup, I guess I can behave in church...

"Sh!!" again.

I was just answering your question! Sheesh!

A stern look leaves his face....

Now that we have that resolved and settled, how about those shoes? Do you think N will give them to me? How 'bout if I offer her money? Aren't they just the cutest things? I do believe they will go with what I am wearing now....nevermind they are about a billion times too small for me...they are just so adorable....whatcha think dear?

No answer comes from him. I look to my him.... he is not even looking at me....he has his eyes closed and is muttering to himself.....

3 comments:

Blueberry said...

you know, she might take money for them. kids like money, right? and also, she would take a handful of pennies over a five dollar bill because she doesn't know the value of money, she thinks more is better, right? i think you have a very sweet deal in the makings....
but they probably wont' fit you. ;)

thanks for the chuckle this morning!!

Christina said...

ROFL! You really do want those shoes, huh!? Well, I'll get you some for Christmas, okay? Maybe you could wear them on your big toes. Oooh, or maybe one of the dogs could wear them?! They are pretty dang cool....too bad they only come in toddler sizes. Seriously, why can't I get shoes that cool?!

I should tell you, I am going to start locking the shoes up at night...for their own safety! ;o)

Nina said...

Yes..yes...yes I want those shoes!

I think it is best you lock those shoes up....it will keep me honest.