Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A song from the heart....

I just love to sing...I am always singing. Can I sing well? Who cares? Do I know all the words? Who cares?

What do I sing? Weeeelllll....actually....I just make up my own songs. What are they about? Anything I want them to be...

How does this go over with my family? Weeelllll....my husband can't stand it when I sing about and to him.....but that does not stop me....we can be just about anywhere and I will belt out a song I have made up about him....sometimes I give it that extra-special romantic affect and I cross my eyes as I flutter my eyelids.....

I have been known to be in a store with my family and all of a sudden I am possessed by Ethel Merman (the Merm to those of us in the know) and I will REALLY BELT OUT a song.....

Are my songs good? Really and truly....YES, OH YES THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!. I have a song dedicated to Mr. Clean....which I think borders on the sultry. Then there is my first big break song "I want to sing, I want to dance, I want to beedle in my pants" (I really think there is big-coin possibility in this song). And there is my first cross-over song (hey, if Selena can do it so can I) titled "Where, is your underwear?" ("Pou einai to sovrako" in Greek)....a smoky little blues number.

I try to point out to my husband that these tunes are our ticket to Living the Good Life...oh, I can just hear the cha-ching that could follow these melodies...but does he listen? ....does he care?... NOOOO! He just sais that nobody could possibly be interested in underwear songs and that he would prefer it if I would not do this anymore. Can you believe that? I sure don't...so I continue to cross into that area that those of us with this unique blessing from the Music Gods possess....the arena known as "song writing"...

I can see that song contract looming in my future...

1 comment:

Christina said...

I am so offended that you have never serenaded me. Humph. You're not supposed to hide your talents like that! Maybe you and Nadia can team up - she composes a lot of songs, too. They all have the same melody and only one word, tho. Hmmmm