Sunday, August 3, 2008

A time for some changes...

I am not a big fan of change....actually I really dislike it.....really, really dislike it....I don't know why.....

Is it the process of the change itself? Is it the chaotic state that comes right before or after a change? I really don't know why.....yet I realize it is necessary to avoid mental, physical, emotional, intellectual death....

I am at that time in my life when some changes are in order...so I gave all 3 of us (hubby, daughter, me) haircuts....shorter for all (especially me)...

Those served as the preparations for the "BIG CHANGE".....no, no...not menopause.....that change I look forward to....actually, I plan to have a party for that one...a "Meno-party"....I am so looking forward to that event...but I digress...

The "BIG CHANGE" I am writing about has to do with our house....it seems that ever since we moved back to this city, my hubby has been changing our house around. It really is my parent's house, but since they spend half the year in the USA and half in Greece, they told us to live in it and "...do whatever we wanted"....an offer my husband could not resist. So....he had holes knocked in walls to make a pass-through from the kitchen to the dining area and family room. ...then he pulled up all the carpet (now we live like "cons" in the "slam")...and both he and our daughter outvoted me and chose colors for each room in the house (I voted on the color I grew up with my entire life....white)....

This next change is with our guest bathroom (the bathroom that is known as the "Panda Bathroom"--right Christina?). My summer school paycheck came in and now my husband and another man are re-vamping the bathroom....new tiles...new tub....new paint...new toilet stuff....and soon to follow, a new vanity...

The stress is really a lot for me.....have I mentioned I don't like change? Change stresses me....A LOT!!!

So I spend quite a bit of time doing what I always do when I am stressed....I organize and clean....I have been organizing my hubby's junk drawer....our car....the linen closet......my classroom....

And during all this time what is running inside my wee, little brain???? Just one simple saying...one essential mantra.....yup, you guessed it...my favorite saying...."I caint take it no mo'!!!"

2 comments:

Christina said...

What, no more Panda Bathroom?!?!? I don't believe it. I do think it'll be awesome once it's done tho, as I love what you guys have done with the rest of the house. The process will suck but it'll be worth it. Or, you could come redo my bathroom instead. ;o)

And short hair? I wanna see it! I want to get all mine chopped off.

Nina said...

Oh no!!

It will still be the "Panda Bathroom"....only it will be new and improved!