Monday, September 1, 2008

First Week Report Card...

It finally came and went....the first week of school. An event that I both look forward to and dread at the same time.

I am more blessed than many teachers I know because every year since I have been teaching my family has been helping me get my classroom ready. My first year included my younger brother Nick, my then-boyfriend J and his kids.....but over the years my helpers have dwindled down to J and Kalli. The others who helped (Nick and Stephan) have since moved away, but Jason and Kalli continue to not only loyally organize an entire classroom, but also put together folders, desks, and books. Each year my little queendom gets more and more Monk-ish (oh, how I love Monk!)...they take a daunting task and make it fun and wonderful. In addition, I have marks on my walls/storage cabinets that they have made....this serves to give me the feeling of having my household extended to my work place...see, every mark on the wall or every poster put up was doen by a family member...it is just like being at home. I feel this makes me a better teacher (as the years go by) and this can only be good for my students.

So a big THANK YOU to my little helpers...both past and present...you have worked hard to make my work environment better by putting a little piece of you in my classroom...I feel your warmth and love within my walls....you unknowingly and in a roundabout manner have helped so many, many students!! I love ya, my peeps!

2 comments:

Miss 376 said...

The rest of the year will fly past now. We've been watching the children here go back for the first day of the new academical year, though some go back tomorrow.

Christina said...

I've been waiting to hear how the first week went! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Another group of kiddos gets to experience the wonderfulness of Miss Nina!