Sunday, January 18, 2009

She really does listen to me!!!!

WOW! It does a parent good when his/her child actually listens to said parent....you think to yourself, "Is there anybody out there? Is this person listening? She must be awake because I see her breathing....and I know I am talking because I recognize my own voice...." and then she goes out and really tries to put my wonderful pearls of wisdom into practice...and I am as pleased as punch.

I have unilaterally declared 2009 as the Year of Getting Organized....No more Mrs. Nice-guy...things WILL BE put away neatly....clothing WILL BE tidy...things WILL BE cleaned to an inch of their life...

Now calm down...I know I do not live alone...but...but...jeeez! I can't take this any longer! Chaos roams our house like a wild mob of youngsters...but no more! DO YOU HEAR ME...NO MOOOOREEE!!!

So I had a talk with Man-of-House and K and explained that this was much more than the ravings of a nut (which it probably was)..."this is a life skill...and we would be failing our daughter if we did not continue picking up where her mother did not touch...and we did not teach her a skill that will help her at her job as well as her personal life..." (pretty good huh?)

And you know what...they took it to heart..and they are so much better at it....and you know what else...K told me she has been getting so many compliments at work in re her recent conversion to the organized world...AND this kid actually has almost half of her Christmas shopping for next year done! YEAH! She now comments on how at peace she feels....and Man-of-House seems more at peace too. Things are easier to find for him...the place looks better...and this spreads into other areas of life...making Woman-of-House happy too...

So I just send up a quick little Prayer of Thanks and tone down my gloating...oh don't worry, it will resurface...but for now I have it cubby-holed and filed away...remember, everything in its place...

2 comments:

Miss 376 said...

Wow, how did that happen? I feel like a record sometimes, it's always "put that away". I suppose they have a little time to get into the habit

Christina said...

Will you come on over here and give V that lecture? That is just too awesome for words