Thursday, February 5, 2009

How fuzzy was my valley....

For two weeks....two weeks.... two weeks...!!!! I have been living in my own personal kind of hell...a fuzzy, out-of-balance world....yup...my glasses were broken.

In a desperate attempt to get my focals to remain in working order, I tried tape, gorilla glue, super glue--alone and in varied combos to no avail. The break was there to stay...much like cannibalism in some tribal lifestyles....

So...I got out my 2-prescriptions-old glasses (think Sally Jessey Rafael) and wore them when I could....that is to say I used them to look far-away, but had to take them off to see anything as close as 3 ft from me (or wear them and grow gorilla arms)...I "wore " them to work and around the house (well, most of the time they were of my face)...

And, as you can probably guess by now...there was chaos in my classroom. Oh yeah, they got away with it all because you see, I could not get to my glasses fast enough to catch the culprits...so a good time was had by all--except me.

Yesterday I finally got the phone call I had been waiting about 4 months for (OK it was really two weeks, remember?)that my new glasses were ready!

As the last day of another fuzzy-classroom day ended, I told my kidlets, "Ya know, this afternoon I am going to pick up my glasses....and tomorrow I will be able to see CLEARLY so all your monkey shines are going to stop! We are going to get back to the order of the day...learning..."

From the back of my class a quiet voice piped up, "Oh, the party's over"...

And since that day, it has been.

1 comment:

Blueberry said...

oh i'm so glad you got your new glasses! i'm a glasses girl too and i would have gone crazy not being able to see!!