Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

What a wonderful ending to a wonderful weekend! A nice quiet wind-down....

Friday, we welcomed our newest member to our family....Weeshah Sultana Sheherazade....a 6 mo old German Shepherd dog....

Now, I do not believe that anything happens that God does not want to happen...He just uses different things, people, animals, etc to get His will done. In this case we were dealing with Panda's remains at the vet's when we felt that something was going on behind us. We turned around and saw a woman with a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l German Shepherd. The dog was a female about 6 months old who was abused, neglected, and almost broken (in spirit). She told us that she was bringing in the dog for her shots and to get spayed....then she was going to give her to this couple she had met. If that did not work out, then she had another couple to try her out with. I mentioned that if we had found her first I would have taken this dog...she asked for our names and number "just in case". I told her that if she had others lined up for this dog, then I did not want to cause problems. Later on in the week, she called and asked us if we were still interested in the dog and we both said a resounding "Yes!" She told us that she did not have good feelings about the people she had lined up before, and that when she talked to the vet we came highly recommended.

It may sound strange to read this and you may be wondering why I brought up God in all of this...well He IS in everything anyway...but as we were dealing with Panda, I could not help thinking of something I had read a while back about a person who lost their beagle to old age (I think that was it)...anyway, whenever they felt sad or missed their dog they would let their thoughts flow and pretty soon they noticed the same kind of butterfly flying around them whenever this happened...coincidence? Maybe....but when Man of House lost his dog (Rudy) to an illness he was devastated....and his mind would flow about his dog....then one day at an outdoor school function he mentioned how much he missed his dog, and how it was two weeks to the exact second that Rudy died when God brought another dog into our midst and into our lives....

So now we have this creature entrusted to us....another abused being (we seem to attract those kinds)...and after tossing around several names, we settled on the aforementioned ones (the first being Swahili for "pretty or beautiful", the second because after being tied up without food or water for 2+ days she managed to keep some regal-ness about her, and the third for one of my favorite stories (the famed Persian Queen who told the famed One Thousand and One Nights and thus saved herself from death).

But this was not enough for this weekend....along with the said PINK camera (oh boy am I rotten at photos!) I got a Scrapbooking CD (oh boy am I rotten at that sort of computer stuff!), story DVD's for my classroom (oh boy am I looking forward to those!), some antiques (oh boy I love antiquing!), a lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (oh boy that was fantastic!) and a weekend of pure r-e-l-a-x-a-t-i-o-n!!! (oh boy that was great!)...

We also took time to privately and publicly talk and thank our respective moms...I have said it before and I will say it again...

"Mom, I cannot thank you enough for....
all the things you have given me
all the help you give
all that you have taught me
all that you are

If I am just one ounce the parent you are, then I shall have accomplished A LOT!
I am forever thankful to God for you....your example stands as a shining beacon...
I love you more than I can express....
All that I am I owe to you, for you are the wind beneath my wings...."

I hope your weekend was just as wonderful as mine...and I hope to start including some photos soon....did I mention how rotten I am at that? Christina, you have nothing to fear!

2 comments:

armywifeforlife said...

Happy Belated Mothers Day!! I absolutely love your header... what a cutie pie! And, congrats on the new pup! German shepherds are wonderful dogs, my friend has 2!

Christina said...

Weeshah could NOT have found a better, more loving family!