Monday, July 20, 2009

It has been a hard month...

This post will be short and sweet....this month has been very hard for us. You see, my father has been in the hospital since July 6 for pneumonia.....

When dealing with the elderly, nothing is easy and especially pneumonia....Since I am here in Texas and my parents and brothers are in Greece, there is not much I can do but offer up prayers....and we have been!

I don't want to go into details now....my mind is just trying to wrap itself around the fact that the person who represented so much strength in my life is so weak now....so human (if that makes sense).

As I look back on all my father's contributions and sacrifices in my life (here and here) I am so thankful to God for blessing me with such a wonderful man to call "Dad"...and I pray that He aids him in a recovery that will allow him to be in my life for many, many more years....I am not ready to give him up.

8 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Nina, my prayers for your father's recovery, and for all your family.

margi said...

I found you via Elizabeth's blog and I said to her - pray to St Luke of Simferopol and I don't have anything better to say to you. I will pray for your dad but remember St Luke, he is wonderful.

::Sylvia:: said...

Many prayers for your father and all of your family.

I agree, pray to St. Luke, and ask for the intercessions of St. Panteleimon as well! He is a speedy helper of the sick!

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog and I'm glad we found eachother!

DebD said...

Yes, I was also thinking St. Panteleimon. prayers for your father.

I found you Abbot Tryphon's "Morning Offering" blog.

Blueberry said...

aw honey! this has to be so difficult for you since he is so far away!!
prayer for him and you... and hugs! :)

IRENE said...

I hope and pray that your father will recover fully. I read the amazing tribute you wrote for them. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. May God bless you all.

Miss 376 said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad, it's hard when family are so far away. I hope he is able to make a full recovery

armywifeforlife said...

I've been MIA for a while.. tryingn to keep a secret so I try not to blog too much.

Either way- I am SO SORRY about your father. Our family will be keeping him, and the rest of your family, in our prayers. Keep us posted on any updates.

Sorry, this is so late. Take care and God bless.