Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some 4th of July photography tips...

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July....ours was Q U I E T...and that is fine by me.



The above is the photo I took of my July 4th centerpiece....as you can see by my skills that this picture was outdoors....see how I stepped back in order to include a bit of the backyard? Now this little creation normally is on our dining-room table, but due to the two little critters that sometimes like to wrastle on said table, it was safer for it to be outside...
Observe....


...and....


But...I digress....

Where was I? Oh yeah....the divulging of some of my secret photo tips....

Here is a close-up (done by getting closer to my subject -- with me so far?)of the top of the aforementioned center piece ....



...and a close-up of the little patriotic bear found at the bottom (all the while using the same daredevil technique that I used before)...

(a little side-note to all you parents who buy gifts for your child's teachers....yes we do keep them for a long time and we do use them).

Here is the table with my last-minute-kitty-safe center piece....to achieve this montage I came in from the back yard inside to the dining room....shocking, I know...

...and yes, I do have a giant piece of plastic covering my table (and thus my tablecloth...I am Greek ya know!)



Finally, pics of my "creation" in the dining room....



See the candle-holder-thingy in the center? I bought that at an antique shop for 50% off! It looked really tacky with these plastic red berries on it. Man of House just hated it...he said, "it looks tacky"....but I pulled off those berries and decided to use it for each seasonal/monthly decoration I use around the house....as well as a kitten-proof center piece...
see below...

oh, I forgot, I showed you photos of the culprits...

Here are some close-ups...




Phew! That is all for now....I hope to have inspired you to go out there and take your own not-so-focused photos....the world is waiting for you! Go out there and take those photos!!

Unless you are as bored by all this as Neelix is...

1 comment:

margi said...

Your critters are so cute. I love stripey cats but mine are plain black.