Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I feel so...ooooolddd!

Oh boy, oh boy...oy....I feel so old...

And what is one of the first things to go as one ages??? Hmmm? Can you guess? EYESIGHT!!! That is what is one of the first things to go...

Case in point....

Man of House and I were looking at Molly's pups this morning....now please remember that we have been handling these little creatures for almost 2 weeks....12 days to be exact....and please remember that in my last post I wrote that "...this is the only boy in the group..."....

Anyway, back to this morning...there we are...holding on the the biggest pup Kalli named "Diva". We turn her over on her back and see two tiny lumps on her.

"What's that?" asks Man of House.

"I don't know. Maybe it is her belly button", says I.

"Then what is that?"

"Oh dear, maybe it is a hernia of some sort. I know animals have belly buttons too." (Actually they are usually a small hairless area on the tummy...sometimes it even looks like a little bald bump - as in the case of Molly).

We both lean in to look at the wee one....and then realize that "Diva" is not a SHE...but a HE!!!

I had been tickling what I had thought was a belly button...

Excuse me now...I have to go scrub, disinfect, and hose down my hand....gagh!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hahahaha! Hahaha! I'm trying to stop laughing, but can't. FUNNY stuff. Sounds like someone needs a new name. :)

margaret said...

Oh dear. Is a post-festive visit to the optician in your diary?

Happy New Year, Nina and MoH (and doggies).