Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pascha 2010...

Albanian Krishti u Ungjall Vertet Unjal!
Arabic Al Masieh Qam! Haken Qam!
Bulgarian Hristos Voskrese! Vo Istina Voskrese!
Castilian Cristo ha Resucitado! En Verdad ha Resucitado!
English Christ Is Risen! Truly He Is Risen!
French Le Christ est Ressuscite! En Verite Il est Ressuscite!
Georgian Kriste agsdga! C'esmarit'ad agsdga!
German Christus ist Erstanden! Er ist Wahrhaftig Erstanden!
GREEK Christos Anesti! Alithos Anesti!
Italian Cristo `e Risorto! Veramente `e Risorto!
Latin Christus Resurrexit! Vere Resurrexit!
Romanian Hristos a Inviat! Adevarat a Inviat!
Russian Khristos Voskrese! Voistinu Voskrese!
Spanish ¡Cristo ha resucitado! ¡En verdad ha resucitado!
Swahili Kristo Amefufukka! Kweli Amefufukka!
Ukranian Khristos Voskres! Voistinu Voskres!

Any way you say it the message is the same....and the world has not been the same since.....

May the blessings of our Resurrected Lord abide with you and yours always.

2 comments:

Christina said...

And Christ is Risen and all the rest to you, my friend! I must say, I did get a kick out of it that GREEK is in all caps. The first among equals??? ;o) some of these are slightly different than the versions I know (like the German)

Irene said...

He is Risen! I so much like the "Agape" service. My mom used to take me to church on Sunday afternoon, and I got to lit my second candle: first from my godmother, second of my picking! I loved listening to my grandfather read the gospel in other languages. apart from Greek, he read it in English, French and Italian. Joy to the world!