Sunday, November 7, 2010

7 years ago....

We were joined in marriage....and it has been so blessed and fun!

Yeah, yeah....we have had our ups and downs...our ins and outs....our laughter and tears...but that is all part of growing up.....part of changing....and I would not trade a minute of it...not a second.

And so....we did what we do every year for our anniversary....we picked the Saturday closest to the actual date of our wedding and we go to the hotel where we had our reception and our first night together as husband and wife...and we enjoy their breakfast buffet...just like we did the morning after our wedding.

Then we take a walk and visit the room that held our celebration...we talk about what it looked like and all the fun everyone had...and we note the changes made in the building itself since then.

I love you Man of House....

Thanks for being the hand that holds the kite string when THIS kite flies off in a million directions all at once.

Thanks for making my breakfast, lunch, and coffee everyday so that I can sleep in and extra half hour.

Thanks for putting up with my mad desires for organization and color coordination.

Thanks for listening to all my songs (songs, by the way, that have me convinced we could be rich if only someone would "discover" me.)

Thanks for letting me put Santa Hats, Reindeer Horns, and Viking Horns on you at stores.

Thanks for tolerating my need to name e v e r y t h i n g...and then remembering what most of the things I named are (storage unit #1 is Armond Lintel, storage unit #2 is Thelma Lou, the car is ReeRee,  etc.)

Thanks for no longer being shocked when I wear my wedding veil around the house at random times.

Thanks for working with my love of all things pickle.

Thanks for not making me a more serious person after we got married (much to my mother's dismay)

And now with this illness....well, all I can say is I could not have a better friend or help-mate.

It is nice growing old with the same person...and I hope we are around together for many, many years.....forgetting to wear our teeth....me tottering around in my (by then tattered) veil....and you cooking in your make-believe oven (since you won't be allowed to cook with heat anymore).

You are my best friend...my boo....and the love of my life.

Now,  as we embark on the renovation of our house...I promise to make it easier for you...I promise to TRY and behave...



5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Many years!

margaret said...

Congratulations! You make a beautiful two-some (and I had a giggle imagining you in that lovely veil and a pair of jammies).

Christina said...

Aw! Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds, and many years! You guys are an inspiration to me. I wish I could have celebrated with you on that day 7 years ago!

J said...

Aw shucks, it's nothing! I don't know where I would be, if it weren't for you. Probably living under a bridge somewhere trying to catch flies for nourishment!

You've put up with so many of my crazy ideas, absentmindedness, forgetfulness, procrastination and my ADHD. Not many people would have done that.

The way I see it, I take care of you and you take care of me. So we're even.

You are by best friend and I look forward to growing old with you.

I love you lots.

J

Irene said...

HAPPY Anniversary and a HAPPY life!