Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Second Week of Lent.....

....is upon us, and I was just thinking of the writings in one of my new favorite blogs Mystagogy (if you have not gone to this blog, go...now...do it!). It was just what I needed to give me strength to continue the Lenten Journey...and to help put things into perspective.

So many times in the past I have been rushing here or there...to do this or that....and somehow Lent (be it Christmas, Pascha, The Lent for Sts. Peter & Paul, or the Lent for the Dormition of our Holy Theotokos) has just run right by me...and I have not gleaned as much spiritual benefit as I should have. Why, the last time I remember growing spiritually during a Lenten Period was when I was in Grad School...and that was over 20 years ago (wow, has it really been that long??? Oooooo)!!!

But now with my new companion (Essential Thrombocythemia) I can only do so much. After a while my body just quits and simply refuses to go on. At such moments I stop and think....or pray....or read spiritually enlightening books.

It took this illness to accomplish a certain amount of growth within me....and for that I am grateful to God. I guess He tried to get my attention in so many ways and felt sorry for me in that I was just not heeding His signs....so He gave me another chance! Glory to God!

May God continue to guide this sinner as she continues her spiritual journey...and may He bless all of us to become closer to Him during this Lent.

No comments: